Duration is 3 years
The Ph.D. program at ASUE is designed for students interested in pursuing advanced study and conducting original research in Economics and Management. The Ph.D. equivalent degree (Doctor of Economics) is awarded after course work and completion (defense) of dissertation.
In advancing to the Ph.D. equivalent degree, students pass through two major stages:
1. Course work (theoretical and practical preparation) typically takes two years. During the first four semesters, students take courses to achieve competence in econometric methods, IT, technologies of research and advanced methods of economic fundamentals of microeconomic and macroeconomic theory. They also passed research and pedagogical internships in corresponding departments of ASUE.
2. Completion of a dissertation. The culmination of the Ph.D. program is the dissertation, which embodies the results of the student's original research. Work on the dissertation usually takes two- three years after completion of course work. Students working on dissertations participate actively in research workshops. The dissertation represents a significant contribution to the body of Economic knowledge. After completion, faculty committee must approve the dissertation. The student takes final oral examinations (minimum exams) on the subject of the dissertation. Defense of dissertation and awarding of degree is organized by ASUE specialized council under State Supreme Certification Commission of RA.
ASUE provides PHD studies in different areas of Economics and Management and offers 6 special PHD programs.
1. General Economics Ը.00.01
The Ph.D. program in Economics at ASUE trains students in economic theory and the tools of economic analysis. Through course work, participation in seminars, and supervised research students are taught to conduct theoretical and empirical research at the highest level. The program equips its graduates with modern economic techniques.
2. Economics, Management of the Economy and its Spheres Ը.00.02
The Program is the highest degree awarded in the field of business. Typically, this degree is reserved for individuals wishing to pursue academic research or teaching careers as professors at management or business schools. Students are offered to conduct applied research in different fields, such as management, marketing, microeconomics, business, environmental economics. The program enables students to take leadership positions in economic research in the academic, business, and government worlds.
3. Finance, Accounting Ը.00.03
ASUE postgraduate program in Finance provides students with a solid foundation in the theoretical and empirical tools of modern finance, drawing heavily on the discipline of economics. The department prepares students for careers in research and teaching at academic institutions, focusing on Asset Pricing and Portfolio Management, Corporate Finance, International Finance, Financial Institutions and Macroeconomics. The program is designed to provide a broad based training in theoretical and empirical research in Finance.
4. World Economics Ը.00.06
The Program is designed for highly qualified and motivated students who wish to acquire the research and analytical skills of the international scientific community in economics. Students are required to attend advanced courses in International Economics, covering the most recent developments both in trade theory and policy and in international money and finance. Successful
students are expected to conduct professional careers in universities, public and private research and consulting organizations, and financial institutions.
5. Economic-Mathematical Methods and Modeling Ը.00.08
The aim of the Program is to educate graduate students in the fields of mathematical analysis and mathematical modeling, Information technologies and in the applications of mathematical and numerical analysis to science and technology. The goal is to enable PhDs to work as high level researchers in these fields in universities, research institutes, and private companies. The program offers two specializations- Economic -mathematical modeling and Information Technologies in Economics
Rules of admission you can find on ASUE Web site (http://www.asue.am/en/admission/post-graduate-programme-155)