Machine Learning for Economists
ASUE Labor Market and Alumni Affairs Division supporting Andranik Sargsyan, the 2nd year Master’s degree student of the Faculty of Finance, organizes a series of seminars on "Mechanical Training for Economists". Seminars are intended for economist students and other stakeholders. During the seminars participants will get acquainted with some of the techniques of machine learning and their applications.
Knowledge of higher math and any programming language is desirable. It is also desirable that the participants have personal computers with them.
Here are the key topics to be presented at the seminars:
1. What is Machine Learning and its Applications,
2. Linear regression model,
3. Linear regression model (continued). Regularization, model selection,
4. Classification Models: KNN model. Decision trees,
5. Logistic regression model,
6. Neural networks. Backpropagation algorithm.
The 1st seminar will be conducted on May 29, at 14:30, N 217 auditorium, Faculty of Management.
Here is the registration link for participation.