CHAIR OF STATISTICS
The Chair of Statistics of ASUE was formed in 1966. As an academic course, statistics was taught to students of all specialties at the Faculty of Economics of Yerevan State University. In 1964, the first graduation in the specialty “Statistics” took place at the Yerevan State University. Two years later (in 1966), the Chair of Statistics was formed as part of the Faculty of Economics of YSU, the first head of which was elected Ph.D., Associate Professor Shavarsh Manukyan. In 1975, the Faculty of Economics separated from YSU, and the Yerevan Institute of National Economy (now the Armenian State University of Economics) was established on its basis.
- Since 2017-Armen KTOYAN, PhD in Economics, Associate Professor, acting Head
- 2016-2017 -Manuk MOVSISYAN, PhD in Economics, Associate Professor, acting Head
- 2014-2016 – Karen HAKOBYAN, PhD in Economics, Associate Professor
- 2008-2014- Arenik KOSTANDYAN, PhD in Economics, Associate Professor
- 1996-2008 – Hakob HAKOBYAN, PhD in Economics, Associate Professor
- 1975-1996 – Tsolak MAHTESYAN, Doctor of Sciences /Economics/, Professor
- 1972-1975 – Armen KARAPETYAN, Doctor of Sciences /Economics/, Professor
- 1966- 1972 – Shavarsh MANUKYAN, PhD in Economics, Associate Professor
Mission and vision of the development
The mission of the Chair is the implementation of educational and research activities for the training of professional specialists in the field of statistics, based on the needs of the Armenian economy and using advanced international experience.
The Chair aims to implement the following development vision: creating a system for training highly qualified personnel in the field of statistics with a high sense of civic responsibility and analytical abilities, skills and abilities to solve complex economic problems focused on increasing the competitiveness and efficiency of commercial and non-profit organizations, institutional units public and private sectors of the Armenian economy in the context of the intensification of global and regional integration processes.
Mental work, priority of the interests of the University and the Chair, team spirit, active inter-chair cooperation, building relationships based on mutual respect, goodwill, creativity, innovation, professional growth, continuous self-development, orientation towards common goals and success.
In educational and research activities, the Chair relies on the following principles:
- introduction of advanced international teaching experience, continuous improvement of educational programs,
-forming knowledge, skills and abilities of practical importance,
- the relationship between educational, research activities and the needs of the economy,
-application of the principles of integrated quality management at the Chair.
Educational and academic activities
In recent years, the Chair has been actively working to improve the educational program, as well as to modernize subject programs.
A completely new Bachelor's degree program in the field of training “Statistics” was introduced, based on the advanced experience of training specialists in statistics in leading foreign universities.
In 2020, a new Master's degree program “Applied Statistics and Data Science” was also introduced, for which the first admission took place in the 2020-2021 academic year.
New subject programs in statistics have also been introduced, taught to students of other areas of study at the University. In particular, within the framework of various Master's degree programs, the Chair teaches the courses "Research Methods", "Methods of Multivariate Statistical Analysis".
The Chair is also involved in the work of the international program "REFINE", which implements the Master's degree program "Corporate Finance" at the Chair of Finance of ASUE. This program includes two training courses of the Chair of Statistics.
The details of the teaching and educational activities of the Chair can be found on the Armenian version.
The Chair takes part in research work, conferences and seminars held not only by the University, but also by other organizations and within the framework of various programs. Currently, the research group of the Chair is carrying out a study "Assessment of the financial efficiency of educational institutions" within the framework of a grant provided by the research center AMBERD.
Over the past 5 years, members of the Chair have published 1 monograph, 7 teaching aids, 1 research work, 3 materials of lectures, more than 98 articles. The Chair cooperates with the Statistical Committee of the RA, the representative of the Chair is a member of the Public Council of the Statistical Committee.
The details of the scientific research activities of the Chair can be found on the Armenian version.
The main directions of the development of the Chair in the medium term
-improving educational programs, simplifying subject programs and training courses, strengthening their practical base,
-active use of statistical software packages in the educational process, improving the institution of educational and industrial practice, stimulating research activity, developing human resources, strengthening the relationship between the Chair and the student, encouraging active and constructive intra-university cooperation, etc.
- Armen KTOYAN- Head of the Chair, PhD in Economics, Associate Professor
- Manuk MOVSISYAN- PhD in Economics, Associate Professor
- Martin FAHRADYAN- PhD in Economics, Professor
- Narine YENGIBARYAN-PhD in Economics, Associate Professor
- Liana FIDANYAN- PhD in Economics, Associate Professor
- Anush SHIRINYAN- PhD in Economics, Associate Professor
- Ruzanna GEVORGYAN- PhD in Economics, Assistant Professor
- Ruzanna ARAKELYAN- Assistant Professor
- Anna MATINYAN- Assistant Professor
- Maria AVANESOVA- Lecturer
- Astghik HOVHANNISYAN - Lecturer
- Susanna HAMBARDZUMYAN-Senior Assistant