Outcomes of ASUE Annual Conference were Summed up (photos)
Today, the final plenary session of ASUE 27th conference “Development of Economy and Society: 21st Century Challenges and Opportunities” was held, which was attended by Gagik Vardanyan, Vice Rector of Science and International Relations, Paruir Kalantaryan, Vice Rector of Educational-methodological Matters, Deans, Chairs, Heads of scientific-educational laboratories and administrative subdivisions.
Opening the session Gagik Vardanyan stated that the format of holding the conference for this year has been changed and it’s unique marafon, as it has started on November 22 and was over today, involving not only the traditionally organized discussion in departments, but also roundtable ones.
Gagik Vardanyan stated that it was aimed at revealing the potential of our scientists, promoting to activities of the new established scientific-educational laboratories and outlining interesting research topics for the future. Then the Vice Rector gave the floor to coordinators and sub-coordinators of 7 departments, who presented the carried out activities, presented reports, pointed out scientifically the most interesting reports and the ones full of up-to-date discussions.
P.S. The conference was held in the following 7 departments:
- "Institutional and Structural Reforms" – coordinator: Atom Margaryan, Director of "Innovative and Institutional Research" scientific-educational laboratory, PhD in Economics, Associate Professor,
- "Environmental Economics and the Environment" – coordinator: Suren Gevorgyan, the Chair of Environmental Economics, Doctor of Sciences, Professor,
- "Monitory Policy and Economic Growth" – coordinator: Ashot Matevosyan, Director of "Monetary Policy and Economic Growth" scientific-educational laboratory, Doctor of Sciences, Professor,
- "Financial involvement. Banks and Other Financial Institutions" – coordinator: Sergey Sukiasyan, Director of "Financial Inclusion" scientific-educational laboratory, Doctor of Sciences, Associate Professor,
- "Culture and Social Capital as Factors of Society's Development" – coordinator: Yelena Manukyan, Director of "Social Research" scientific-educational laboratory, PhD in Economics, Associate Professor,
- "Foreign Economic Policy and International Integration" – coordinator: Diana Galoyan, the acting Chair of International Economic Relations, Doctor of Sciences, associate Professor,
- "Territorial Development and Regional Economics" – coordinator: Samvel Avetisyan, Senior researcher of "AMBERD" research center, Doctor of Sciences, Professor.
In general, the Vice Rector stated that ASUE 27th conference was successful in spite of some shortcomings on which proposals were made to be corrected. As proof of interest towards the conference, Gagik Vardanyan presented the views of the coverage of the activity of the conference session in the ASUE website, emphasizing that about 7,000 views are the evidence that our scientists were interested in the conducting activities.
ASUE Media and Public Relations Division
Previous news here